Maximum Security enclosed cargo trailers from Double R Trailers are built like no other. Our Maximum Security cargo trailers are built with a full wrap 4” channel tongue, tubular steel frame, tubular steel uprights and roof bows and smooth aluminum skin. We offer any color combination for no extra charge.
E-Series enclosed cargo trailers from Double R Trailers are built stout and economical for the value minded customer. Our E-Series cargo trailers are built with a full wrap
4” channel tongue, tubular steel frame, tubular steel uprights and roof bows and screwed aluminum white exterior skins.
- V-nose or flat nose
- Steel structure
- Smooth aluminum skin (no rivets or screws) on Maximum Security Model
- Screwed aluminum skin on Econo Model
- Welded on door hinges
- 36” side door
- Welded on rear door cam latches
- Keyed entry on rear cam latch
- All aluminum roof and exterior skins (no fiberglass)
- All exterior skins are overlapped and siliconed for
maximum security against leakage
- Fabric underbelly moisture barrier under plywood floor
- Steel Wall Uprights Are Placed On 24” Centers For
Exceptional Structure And Durability
- Double Rear Doors (rear ramp door with cable
- 4” channel wrap around tongue
- 3” x 2” cross members on 24” centers
- Tubular uprights on 24” centers
- Square tube roof bows on 16” centers
- • D.O.T. approved L.E.D. lights
- Chrome center caps
- Bright annealed corners on flat nose on Maximum Security Model
- Aluminum Fenders
- Diamond Plate Rock Guard
- LENGTH: 8’ to 24’
- WIDTH: 5’ to 8’ body
- ST205/75-15 6-lug tires on 7000# GVWR
- ST225/75-15 6-lug tires on 9990# GVWR
- ST235/80-16 8-lug tires on 12,168 GVWR
- (2) 3500# spring axles on 7000# GVWR
- (2) 6000# spring axles on 9990# GVWR
- (2) 7000# spring axles on 12,168# GVWR
- Breakaway kit w/in-line charger
- 2-wheel brakes on single axle – Maximum Security
- 4-wheel brakes on tandem axle
- ¾” plywood floor
- ¼ interior plywood walls
- 2” coupler on single axle
- 2 5/16” coupler on tandem axle
- All L.E.D. Exterior Lights
- 2-part self etching epoxy primer
- Acrylic enamel paint with urethane hardener
- 5 year structure warranty on Maximum Security
- 1 year structure warranty on E-Series
Structural Differences Between Double R and Competitors:
- Uprights: 1 1/2" x 1" rectangular tube uprights on walls on 24" centers vs. 16 gauge sheet metal bent for structure (hat post)
- Roofbows: 1" x 1" square tube for roof bows on 16" centers vs. 16 gauge sheet metal bent for structure on 24” centers (hat post)
- You can walk on the roof of our trailers or have 5' of snow without a problem vs. The weight of a person or a high volume of snow would not be tolerated by any of our competitors trailers.
- 3" x 2" angle iron for cross members on 24" centers vs. 16 gauge sheet metal bent for structure (Z-Channel)
- All .030 aluminum roof vs. .025 aluminum or fiberglass roof/header (over time fiberglass with crack)
- Rear door built out of 1 ½” x 1” rectangular tube vs. plywood built door. A plywood door will warp and leak.
- Metal 36” RV style door with deadbolt. Door can be locked from the inside vs. wood door with exterior cam lock.
- 4" Channel tongue that fully wraps around to front axle, vs. 3" channel or 3" x 2" tube that butts up to front of frame:
- Smooth aluminum skin exterior vs. rivets or screws grid pattern which cause puckering.
- VHB tape in between steel and aluminum creates a barrier to prevent electrolysis vs. no barrier in between steel and aluminum.
- L.E.D. lights standard vs. LED as an upgrade
- 1/4" plywood on walls vs. luan panel lining
- ¾” plywood floor with fabric underbelly under floor, every seam caulked vs. no fabric underbelly, no sealed seams.
- All electrical unexposed, electrical run through tube vs. exposed electrical which has more potential to become damaged
5 Year Structural warranty vs. a 1,2 or 3 depending on model
Shown with Options
*Custom options available upon request. All information contained on this page is subject to change without notice. Some restrictions on models and options apply.